What is Acne and How to Get Rid of Acne.
10 Things You Most Likely Didn’t Know About Get Rid Of Acne
How to Get Rid of Acne is one of the foremost skin problems affecting young men and women the world over. It is the teenage years when the actual problem starts due to hormonal imbalance and for some remains a problem throughout life. The hormone that causes this problem is called testosterone. While mainly a male hormone both men and women have the hormone in their body.
It’s not the hormone that’s the problem it’s the skins reaction to this hormone that causes acne breakouts. Once you hit puberty your body starts generating this hormone and this tells your skin’s sebaceous glands that it has to start work producing oil called sebum. This sebum may cause your hair tubes inside the skin to get blocked or partially blocked and the result is acne.
How to Get Rid of Acne:
They key to the problem of controlling acne is controlling the buildup of oil in your sebaceous glands i.e. your skin. So whatever “how to get rid of acne” product, the cure it should aim to reduce the oiliness of your skin. There are hundreds of products in the market on how to get rid of acne and one or the other will help your acne but the trial and error method is painful. Yet, thousands of people the world over are going through it and will survive and surely, overcome your acne.
The Ten Steps On How to Get Rid of Acne:
- The first step on how to get rid of acne is going to the doctor. Sure there are over the counter medicines that can help or so they claim but first you can go to the doctor and get some skin and blood tests done. This will rule out any physiological problem and help you determine the cause of the acne. If there are no physiological causes go on to the next step.
- Keep your skin clean. Using products that help control the oil build-up on your face is how to get rid of acne. Like Neutrogena’ and Clean and Clears line of oil free acne facial cleansers, face washes etc. Do not necessarily opt for these brands but just get products to wash your face with that have oil controlling chemicals. Once your face is clean keep it clean washing your face three to four times a day especially if you are out in the sun. This will help clear your glands and keep them oil free.
- However, don’t let your skin become dry and cracked. Too much washing can dry your skin out as well aggravating the acne. Excessive washing NOT how to get rid of acne The key with how to get rid of acne is to keep balanced. After washing your face apply an oil free moisturizer to keep your skin healthy.
- If you have the fiery red acne that makes you want to squeeze the problem away, desist. Squeezing simply aggravates the problem and spreads it…this is NOT a good practice on how to get rid of acne. Rather, wait for the time when the red dot becomes a gross yellow. Wash your hands completely, dab on a little sanitizer. Use a little alcohol or antiseptic spray on the area and then put a tissue on your thumb and finger. Now start squeezing. Never, use nails only your thumb and index finger. If nothing comes out leave the pimple alone.
If something is coming out, yellowish fluid, keep pressing until the fluid turns clear. Dab with antiseptic and leave it alone. Wash your hands and sanitize them otherwise touching your face with the infected hands will causes more breakouts. This may not get rid of acne but it will control it.
- Don’t overdo it but use the various acne creams available in the market. Use one for one month and see the results if it does not help switch brands. Stick to one that helps reduce your acne. The problem will not go away in a month or even two apply the cream, lotion etc. that helps for six months and then you will see the acne go away. Having applied various brands and you do not see any improvement, go to a doctor again and get a prescription. Antibiotics and topical prescriptions sometimes help in how to get rid of acne as well.
- Never get stressed out. It is a problem but it will go away. Stress will increase hormones in your body and cause more breakouts. Monthly periods, exams, fever, and any form of illness that affects your metabolism will affect your acne. You are not alone. Try to follow the above steps and you will be in control.
- Whatever products you use anywhere on your body, from your hair to your toes make sure they are oil free. Hair oils, hair wax, defrizzers will all work to cause hairline breakouts. Moisturizers, body washes etc. should all be oil free as should make-up.
- Drink a lot of water. Not sodas and sugary stuff. Plain water and green tea will work wonders. Drink a glass of water every hour of the day and more if you are in the sun and simply force all the oily toxins out of your body. Avoid fatty foods and too much sugar.
- Get a facial done from a well trained beautician once or twice a year.
- Finally, the last method on how to get rid of acne…try mud masks! They do help and after the mask scrub your face with a good oil free scrub, dab with a toner, pat on some astringent and finally some oil free moisturizer. Do this three times a week for a good method on how to get rid of acne.